On November 13, Skal International St. Petersburg had a club working session with Skal International Rome in the context of the Motosummit 2021, dedicated to event, cognitive, sports and technical motor tourism, as a part of the Russian tourism industry.
The participants were both in presence and online, with speeches from countries all over the world including Cyprus, Italy and Australia.
The secretary of Skal St. Petersburgh, Anastasia Kosovskaia, was present on the floor and introduced Skal International to all of the participants.
The agenda was very rich including Trends in tourism in the post-covid period, How to integrate sustainability in tourism, and Twinnings between clubs.
The participants shared their experiences and observations on the following points:
• Safe travel (90% of tourists give priority to safety in travel)
• Sustainable tourism (82% of tourists expect companies to make a deep sense of the product)
• Short holidays (trips to megalopolises have become shorter, no more than 4 days)
• Marketing in tourism (advertising for product promotion has become even shorter. At Travel Hub international conference Russian authorities presented the official advertisement about the two biggest cities Moscow and St. Petersburg. It lasted 5 seconds!)
• Bleisure / workations (a special type of travel that has become prevalent in modern reality. Most tourists do not want to be completely distracted from the work process, so they work remotely and travel)
The topic of twin cities has been discussed in the Skal International St. Petersburg club for a long time. It is very important for a young club to understand how to use all the possibilities of the twin cities. Paolo Bartolozzi – International Councillor of Skal International Italy explained in detail the entire twinning process and actions that will help the most to build business among friends.